Please see the news page for our full Coronavirus / COVID-19 Update. Following advice ISLAND Arts Centre is temporarily pausing venue-based activities until further notice - we will continue to monitor the evolving situation to determine when we will re-open. We will update this message, via the News page of our website, and our social media channels. Read more
We are currently offering an exciting opportunity to become one of our Resident Artists.
Terms and Conditions
• Monthly charge is currently £202.64 made by Standing Order.
• Termination of contract must be 2 months’ notice from the date of letter
• Under the terms of current Tenancy at Will Agreement, Artists have to provide:
an updated C.V. and an End of Year Report outlining how you have achieved the requirements relating to 4.3 of your Tenancy at Will Agreement as below:
Tenants must demonstrate that they have achieved in the current year’s review period:
(i) Two of the following
(ii) Two of one of the following
(i) One of the following plus a letter for the forthcoming year indicating that the tenant will achieve one of the following
(ii) 2 letters for the forthcoming year indicating that the tenant will achieve two of the following or two of one of the following:
• One Person Show in a reputable gallery/Arts Council subsidised exhibition space (including Island Arts Centre)
• Participation in Group Exhibition or visual art event in a reputable gallery/Arts Council subsidised space (excluding Island Arts Centre events/exhibitions for tenants in its gallery space) or exhibition organised by a recognised curator.
• Has been awarded a bursary, residency, or grant aided by the Arts Council’s or other arts funding body.
• Participation in Visual Artist Residency programme.
• Work purchased by government, local authority, museum or reputable corporate collection.
• Work commissioned by a publicly funded body.
• Performance of work in a reputable theatre space (including Island Arts Centre)
• Participation in a Group Show or Co-production in a reputable venue (including IAC).
• Sale of artwork or relevant products to appropriate private or corporate ` buyers/organisations.
Click here to download Tenancy at Will Agreement.
To apply, please submit a CV, end of year report and Tenancy at Will Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org